Monday 11 June 2018

Lagom Lifestyle

Our Live LAGOM workshops hosted by Ikea have now come to an end, however I don't think that is the end of our LAGOM journey - as I think we are really adopting a LAGOM lifestyle.
I think when we started I hoped that I/we would make some huge changes to our environmental impact, however what has actually happened was that we had not only managed to maintain the areas that we had already been working on (cloth nappies etc.) during what turned out to be an incredibly difficult and stressful time in our personal lives, but also introducing small but ultimately lasting changes that improve the impact of our everyday lives.

Batteries - I no longer buy single use AAA/AA batteries and wherever possible have avoided purchasing anything that requires other battery types.

Cotton Buds - We have moved to no longer purchasing cotton buds that have plastic stems.

Clothes - I have greatly reduced the clothing that I am purchasing and in fact made it 6 months without purchasing any clothing for myself and only a select capsule wardrobe for my toddler.

Plants - Although I haven't been able to get my vegetable patch up and running this year, I have exchanged all of my fake houseplants with real ones - it is a start!

There are still some areas that I will be focusing on in the coming months, namely snacks and snacking. I have managed to reduce the number of individually packaged snacks that my son eats, but I could continue to reduce this further. As a family we are (slowly) moving towards eating fewer packaged and processed foods as a whole, so hopefully we will find more opportunities to reduce our packaging waste in the future.

Thank you so much to Ikea for running the workshops, I had great fun and learnt so much.




1 comment: